Perhaps not many people know that,because even my appearance does not reveal the truth,but I love heavy metal music. Actually,I love few metal genres,like previously mentioned heavy metal,but also speed metal,power metal, hollywood metal and sometimes death metal. 6 years ago I still did not have my favourite type of music,but two of my friends let me hear that music,to be more precise they played to me few songs of the most popular British heavy metal group,which of course is Iron Maiden.And I fell in love;) Why do I love them? They play the best music in the world.People who do not know that genre of music,simply claim that it is stupid music full of shouting,screaming and "killing" of the instruments.But it is not true.A lot of metal songs are very calm. I cannot deny that this kind of music is loud and more dynamic than rock,but these hard rhythms help people let out the steam. When I feel depressed and I would like to get away from it all, I listen to Iron Maiden and I feel deeply relaxed. Some of their songs does not tell any story to us,but also quite few of them have got concealed message in them.Do you remember the poem "Rime of the ancient mariner"?Iron Maiden recorded song under the same name,because that song is a full paraphrase and synopsis of that poem.What is more some verses from the poem appear intact in the song.But let`s get to my favourite track. My favourite one(I know it by heart) is "Fear of the Dark". If you really want to know how heavy metal sounds,enjoy.
You have got lyrics here,just in case:)
Iron Maiden - "Fear of the dark"
I am the man who walks alone
And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park
When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's
always near
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone's
always there
Have you run your fingers down
the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you're searching for the light?
Sometimes when you're scared
to take a look
At the corner of the room
You've sensed that something's
watching you
Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no one's there?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you're sure there's
someone there
Watching horror films the night before
Debating witches and folklore
The unknown troubles on your mind
Maybe your mind is playing tricks
You sense, and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's
always near
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone's
always there
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's
always near
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone's
always there
When I'm walking a dark road
I am the man who walks alone

2 comments:
Layout with Hitman:)well,that doesn't suprise me;)I can say I listen to all types of music but I must say that heavy metal is the one I'm not particularly fond off;)However,there were times I listened to e.g. Cradle of Filth or Slipknot and I was suprised that I could actually bear it:P
I can`t bear cradle of filth or slipknot;) it is not the metal I like :):) it`s too rough;)
Post a Comment